5 Days | Cumbuco - Jericoacoara | Standard
We downwind around 30 km per day from kitespot to kitespot in parallel to the beach. We kite at various beaches on the way and you get to know the most beautiful and famous kitespots in Ceará.
Day 1 - 28 km | Cumbuco - Paracuru
We start our downwind kitesafari just past the Port of Pecem. Right at the start some fantastic flat water is awaiting us. We'll downwind to Taiba. In the beach area of Taiba you will find everything you can imagine: it goes from flat water (small pools, a result of low tide) up to small waves and big, clean-breaking waves from 1.5 to 2.5 metres in height. Everything a rider’s heart desires. After a short break in Taiba we will continue to Paracuru where we arrive in one of the most popular kite spots in the region, the legendary flat water and wave spot all in one.
Overnight stay: Paracuru
Day 2 - 32 km | Lagoinha - Mundau
Today we will start our downwinder after a one-hour drive in Lagoinha. Again, we get to know some of the most beautiful wavespots in the region. After 17 Km we will arrive in Guajiru. After a short break you can choose if you want to continue downwinding for another 15 km until Mundau, or if you want to spend a relaxing afternoon at the swimming pool in our luxury beachfront pousada.
Overnight stay: Guajiru
Day 3 - 56 km | Guajiru - Icarai de Amontada
Very relaxed, we continue kiting along the coast with plenty of flat water and small but very long regular waves. We pass by little fishing villages and beautiful sandy beaches lined with coconut trees. In the afternoon we reach the small village of Moitas. Here, time stands still. In this cosy atmosphere, with freshly grilled fish and cool caipis, you feel like staying forever.
Overnight stay: Moitas
Day 4 - 33 km | Prea - Guriu
After 2.5 hours car drive we will reach Prea, where we start our downwinder. First we kite to Jericoacaora. In 1994, the U.S. newspaper the Washington Post voted this area as one of the 10 most beautiful beaches on the planet. Jeri is a paradise on Earth. It is surrounded by sand dunes and the roads are made of sand. In the narrow streets something is always going on and everything is welcoming and built with lots of love. In the evening the whole village climbs up to the big sand dune next to the village to see the most beautiful sunset. Our final destination today is the river in Guriu, an amazing kite spot, just few km downwind from Jericoacaora.
Overnight stay: Jericoacoara
Day 5 - Check Out
The Downwinder ends in Jericoacoara.
Preis: 899 Euro
Single room supplement + 30%
- 4 kite days
- 4 overnight stops in a ½ double room, including breakfast
- Accompanying vehicle - new Hilux pick up with driver
- Guide/Kite instructor on the water (English or German)
- Water, fruits and snacks during the downwinders
- Walkie talkie between the guide and driver for optimal safety
- Satellite telephone
- Downwind Kitesafari lycra
August: 13.8. – 17.8. / 26.8. – 30.8.
September: 1.9. – 5.9. / 19.9. – 23.9. / 26.9. – 30.9.
October: 2.10. – 6.10 / 20.10. – 24.10.
November: 3.11. – 7.11. / 18.11. – 22.11.
available | booked up
Your kite level
- This downwinder is not suitable for beginners.
- You are a medium-advanced Kitesurfer.
- You did already minimum 1 long Downwinder and you know how to ride toeside, paralell to the beach.
- You must be able to kite safely in waves and in a strong wind, and to relaunch your kite quickly out of the water. The downwinders can last 3-4 hours (with breaks), so you must be fairly fit and have proper equipment.